Thursday, January 30, 2014

DBV 1-30-14

"In the thirty-ninth year of his reign Asa was afflicted with a disease in his feet. Though his disease was severe, even in his illness he did not seek help from the Lord, but only from the physicians." – 2 Chronicles 16:12 (NIV)

Thoughts: This is a very specific reference to something I have not read yet. My guess as to how it ends: The physicians couldn't figure out what was wrong with him as sometimes happens (especially back in ancient times) and things did not end well for Asa. I figure if it's something physicians can't heal/handle -look elsewhere. Also physicians = people, and people make mistakes/ aren't perfect. 

I enjoy putting faith in God's hands and trusting that things will turn out well because He's in control. It puts my mind at ease and every time I start to worry I remember: "Oh yah, God's got this. Just pray and He'll handle it." You don't have to do anything on your own. You don't have to go it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment