Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Life Now

So as I did in the past I'm going to write myself a heads-up about what's been going on in my life and where I'm at currently.

1) Jos and Her Women's Business to Support Entrepreneurs
Well this thing has come a long way. It was initially intended to be a 2 day event to launch a women-mentoring-women in business program. Now we're having twice monthly mixers/networking get togethers that usually involve 10-30 people. We're also reconsidering the Mentoring Program. Current thoughts include the possibility of:

-Making a program encompassing 6 main ways women can promote their business. Women would work their way through this program completing projects under each of the 6 headings and then after achieving 3 heading completions then mentor/assist new members who were just starting off the program. Then when a woman completed the 6 basic categories of promoting, she could move on to more in-depth projects.
-Making a school-like program similar to the description above, only more like online courses.
-Adjusting the mentoring program or turning it into a Buddy/Accountability program
Either way, still LOTS of work going on. I meet with Jos about 3 times a week.
Our group currently has 213 "Likes" on Facebook, 126 members on Meetup, and 24 Followers on Twitter. Not bad considering we've only been around 1 year -and actually not officially until about January.

2) Being President of Toastmasters
I'm sucking at this job so far to be honest. I was out of town a couple meetings and taking over the podium at 7am is not as easy as it looks. I plan on helping the new V.P. of Education (who's inheriting that role from me) understand the position and master it so I can focus fully on presidential goals.

My plans as president this year are to:
-Refine our Mentoring Program (which is pretty pathetic right now)
-Get the other officers familiar with their roles and the roles of fellow officers
-Create a "buddy system" so their can be more internal support in the club
-Make sure everyone is on Track with their manuals so we can be a President's Distinguished Club

3) My Actual Job
Really need to start refocusing on my day job. My side projects have been dragging my focus away. Too many pots in the kiln -or however the saying goes. I tried breathing new ideas into the company a year ago and nobody really listened so I just kind of slumped into doing what was expected of me. Coasting along. Then are new Marketing Manager was hired: wide-eyed and bushy tailed, full of new ideas. And he has energy and plans and wants me to contribute more. And it's hard for me to click that switch back on. I have to start getting back into the grove of things and really taking ownership of my job position again.

4) 4Charity
Well... it's still young. The website's been fully functional for about 2 weeks now. Currently have 29 people following me on Twitter and 2 people on Facebook. It'll grow. I want to come up with more ideas for the website to make it more interesting/transparent/interactive, but I have other things to think about right now. I'll let it stew on its own and come back to it later. It's a great resource to have around in general.

5)My Social Media Sites
Holy craps.
Twitter: Currently following 23 people with 72 people following me
Facebook: 173 friends and I think 3 followers
Pinterest: Currently following 23 people and being followed by 155
Linked-In: 72 connections
Google +: Currnetly following 23 with 13 people following me

I'm a Pintrest Princess is all that means...

6)Nadine
Started working with a life/business/soul coach named Nadine. She's either a Leo/Aries or a Gemini/Aquarius. She's very energetic/motivating. We're focusing on getting me out of my head and into the world a little more. Need to start being more active and going outside and taking more risks and getting involved in-person.

It feels like up until this point I was taking in lessons/wisdom/truth on a regular basis. Now it feels like I've heard everything and rarely get any new piece of insight. I think it's time for me to give wheat I've learned and share my life with the world. So Nadine is making me work on exercises that will gradually help me towards that goal.

In other news:
-Alex and I are friends again. We don't hangout much (or talk on blogs) but things are going well.
-I've been day dreaming a lot and my day dreams have kind of gotten boring/redundant
-Up until now I've felt kind of "lacking" spiritually. I've had a frown for 3 weeks now. Waiting for that to go away and rejoin the land of the living

No comments:

Post a Comment