Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Facebook Posts and Spirituality

Facebook has gotten kind of spiritual today...

Within the past 2 hours:


A friend posted on her status: A choice to be spiritual instead of religious: "A spiritual point of view--meaning you believe that all of humankind is part of one fabric of life in spite of apparent separation. Therefore you think, feel, and act as if this is true. And so what you do to others, you are really doing to yourself, and as a result, kindness is one of your highest ideals. It's a living, breathing, reality for you in spite of any imperfections and failings."

I responded: As someone who does tend towards being spiritual over religious, I have also found value in the structure and guidance religion can foster. There should be a balance of both the soul and the stairway guiding it to its highest state.

I posted on my status: “People are just as wonderful as sunsets if you let them be. When I look at a sunset, I don't find myself saying, "Soften the orange a bit on the right hand corner." I don't try to control a sunset. I watch with awe as it unfolds.” -Carl R. Rogers

A friend responded: Even schitzophrenic murderers?

I responded: Jesus would argue that every man needs compassion -especially those who aren't compassionate. No one is born evil, people get corrupted by life. There is no one that God can't redeem.

Friend Re-responded:  I agree most dangerous people get corrupted by life but if one of them harmed you if i didnt get to him first would not have compassion for him. I think that goes for most family's who've had a loss like that.

I Re-responded: I don't think God put us here to judge and condemn one another. I think we should leave the ultimate judgements to Him and just focus on our own lives and the blessings we've been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment