Monday, February 25, 2013

Who to Call On?

I'm trying to figure out which of my responsible, adult, female friends with kids I should talk to about this.

There are 3 women at work I can turn to:

Laura (Capricorn) with an 18 year old daughter who's off at college and a 18 year old son.

Andrea (Scorpio) with a 17 year old son and an 13? year old daughter.

Alex (Leo) with 2 young daughters 8 and 10 years old?

Then there's people on Facebook I'm friends with:

Leslie (Gemini) who just found out (a couple months ago) her 25? year old son has a 1 year old daughter.

Kim (Taurus/Capricorn?) who has an 21? year old son.

Elly (Cancer turned Pisces) who has no kids but is my cousin and is pretty calm/wise/practical.


And that's about it. These are the only people I feel comfortable bringing this up to and do not know/are impartial to my friend.

I kind of want to message them all see what each has to say. I feel so out of my depth on this one...

Maybe I can talk to my grandma. She's the one who told me my aunt had been raped. Never would have known otherwise. You never think something like that is going to happen to someone you care about and know so closely. 

All I know is it is f*cked up that this remained buried for so long. Like finding out your uncle died 4 years ago and no one bothered to tell you. And keeping it buried is just going to make it worse. Darkness can only be overcome when it is brought to light.

No comments:

Post a Comment