Monday, February 11, 2013

Small Groups

I've been going to the same church now for almost a year. They keep urging people to join small groups within the church and I decided I was ready to join. I went to their website and started investigating possible groups to hangout in...

Group # 1 Women's Group

They meet March 12-May 15, 2013 to study "Esther" at 7pm on Tuesdays. Totally due-able. I'm a little disappointed that it's not just women hanging out and bonding for the sake of being around like-minded people and it's strictly Bible study -but it's cool. Will join.

Group # 2 Young Mixed Network

They meet 5-7pm and or 7-9pm and include people from 23-35 years old. They also include a Singles group and a Married group in that. They seem to discuss the Bible in that they focus on a specific topic and what the Bible says about -namely "Relationships". Gravy. My step-mom wants me to join this group (mostly to meet guys). I'm being pimped out to a church group to meet guys... So naturally I'm not going. At least not right now. They don't seem to be meeting currently anyway. Who runs these groups? They're all vague about the dates they meet up.

Group # 3 Women's Art Group

YES!!! Finally -Women+Art+God = YES!!!! But they meet up on Tuesdays from 9am-11:30am. NO!!!!!! Who meets that early on a week day???! These must be professional church-goers. Or self-employed artists. Dang it...

Group # 4 Doug from Toastmasters and his wife hosting Bible discussions at their house

Mondays from 7-8:30pm. YES!!!! Will go.

Group # 5 Meetup groups?

I'm concerned that if I go to meetup group alone and find a bunch of people solely there for Christian fellowship it will be too much like going to church and less about building an open conversation/discussion/dialogue with those around. I should just start my own group. Go back to combining art, people, and God.

If I were to start my own group it'd be Capricorns, Aries, Aquarius, and Pisces -all spiritual people- gathered to achieve causes, share dreams, and gain a deeper sense of understanding about life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment