Monday, February 25, 2013

Result

I just got off the phone with my friend who told me about the rape. She had initially just text me what our mutual friend had told her about 2 weeks ago. I am now aware of even more disheartening details.

When my friend was 17 she started dating a guy. Nobody liked him. He clearly took her for granted and was a jerk to everyone she was friends with. He would always make fun of her and put her down.

My friend wanted to wait until she was married to have sex. She told this to her boyfriend. He disagreed. He would cheat and make out with other girls at school -sometimes in front of her. Then one day they were alone at his house while his parents were gone.

He forced himself on her. She said she wanted to scream but she didn't want the neighbors to hear. She broke up with him at that point. Then a couple weeks later -after missing her period -she had the miscarriage.

Then a couple more weeks later she decided to go back to his house to pick up some stuff she had left there -like a jacket and some CDs. Why she decided to go there when his parents were gone again I don't know. He raped her again.

I don't know when the 3rd rape happened, but it did.

Initially she had just tried to sweep everything under the rug and pretend it didn't happen.

She soon found herself in a long-distance relationship with someone new. Then her ex started sending her threats via Facebook -saying that he would find her and get her again. He also sent threats to her new boyfriend -though he just assumed he was just a jealous, controlling ex.

Then shortly after she broke up with her long-distance boyfriend she found herself in a new relationship. She said she felt safe having a guy around to protect her. But he soon got threats on Facebook from her ex -and she started receiving them from him as well.

I want to kill him. I understand where that instinct comes from now. I want to kill him. And who knows how many other girls he did this to.

No one deserves to have anything like that happen to them.

It was only recently my friend finally realized what had happened and finally started to tell other friends about it. It's all finally hitting her. That it wasn't her fault and she can't keep it buried. She needs help.

The friend who text me about all this told her father after I suggested it. She promised not to tell anyone, but I told her someone needs to know so they can help her. Now he wants to kill him. But he also said that she needs to be taken to someone -a therapist- that she trusts so she can sort everything out and start opening up about what happened. Since her mom would react far more volatile to the news she's going to be kept in the dark about it for a while.

I'm going to try bringing this up with my friend at the right time. It just sucks that so many years have passed and nothing can be done about it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment