Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Pyramid and Other Ponderings


Why the pyramid? The symbol was something I questioned last night in my waking day dreams. What the hell does it represent?

The best I could come up with was the Holy Trinity. Also the fact that it was a firm structure with a solid base leading upward. Then I watched a show today in which a woman was drawing through the will of a spirit leading her hand. The drawing had an image of 3 spirits (3 were known to be in the house at the time) looking up and trying to get to a pyramid with a bright light at the top of it.

All this got me thinking -what if the triangle symbol was actually something spiritual that had been interpreted for spiritual purposes. For instance if there was a spiritual doorway one had to pass through to get to heaven and the doorway looked like a pentagon and symbols of pentagons were then drawn by spiritual people not knowing what it referred to directly. Most people would acknowledge it as a "spiritual symbol" without realizing exactly what it related to.

So I thought, The Triangle/pyramid is a spiritual symbol -as is the circle/sphere representing eternity, life, and the world. Kind of like mandalas/ dream catchers/ Islamic symbols.

Then as I'm watching this show the whole "Indian burial ground" thing kept coming up. If cemetery plots were dug up, I wonder how many ghosts would then haunt. Maybe it's not that Indian burial grounds have any special significance to them beyond the obvious -you're disturbing an area deemed to be sacred that rested the bodies of members of a specific faith. The same with catacombs in Europe and the Pyramids in Egypt. And this also got me thinking -pyramids in Egypt, how were they so clued into that obvious spiritual symbol? And I decided that when people live out in nature it is easier for them to be "in tuned" with more spiritual phenomenon since they aren't as distracted by things like technology, office work, and common concepts of perceived reality.

The Native Americans also had a similar experience -and I did also wonder what became of them spiritually. I don't think they believed in God or even gods. They did acknowledge nature spirits. They were known to have premonitions and strange spiritual rituals. They were definitely connected to something -although I'd place it in line with Wiccans worshipping nature spirits. I'd have to study other symbols and practices of theirs to get a deeper understanding of who exactly they spiritually as tribes. Their only saving grace I can see was their dream catcher mandalas.

I believe people who live in the natural world tend to be more spiritual and less enlightened and can therefore be more easily led astray. But that doesn't mean they also don't happen upon spiritual insights into what lies beyond the physical world.

No comments:

Post a Comment