Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pulled from a Tumblr

what my past month has been:
o    smoked a lot of weed.
   smoked a lot of cigarettes
o    finally had sex. it had been too long
o    listened to really good music.
o    fell in love with Drake. (the rapper)
o    want to fuck Isiah. (a guy from school)
o    had sex with Ronald. (a guy from school with a girlfriend)
o    decided i was going to buy a different box of cigarettes every time, and collect the boxes.
o    collected 4 different cigarette boxes.
    going to use them as decorations in my car on my dashboard.
o    cracked my iphone 4 screen really bad.
o    bought 2 pipes. they’re really pretty.
o    tried pope.
o    fucked in a public park at night.
o    smoked in the school bathroom.
o    progress report consisted of: 2 As and 4 Bs.
o    i think that’s all.
(7 People “Liked” This)

Moral Depravity. You'd think that phrase would mean a person who is "Devoid of Morals". But really what you are being Depraved of is
MEANING.
FULFILLMENT.
DREAMS.
GOALS.
A LIFE.

But the fact is this is nothing new for teens. Since teens came into existence they've always behaved foolishly and immaturely. It seems like to be a successful teenager really just means surviving through the mistakes you make. The winner is the person who can come out of it least scathed. I don't worry about the state of today's youth. They're exactly the same as the state of Everyday's Youth since the dawn of time.

It's always good to remember there are still people -regardles of their age- who do not fit the mold, but break through it and carve their own destiny. These are teens who say NO to the lifestyle that is steroetypically expected of them. Those who don't drink, party, sleep around, do drugs, skip school, and look at the world with the glazed eyes of someone who doesn't give a...

The world is coming together again. Strands of fate are weaving themselves together. Today a woman spoke abou a youth Leadership program she's involved with helping kids learn how to speak publically and gain self-confidence. And it was strange because this morning I was thinking about how I always come to the same conclusion for people who are struggling with life and lose hope and become demoralized... Compassion. They need somebody to invest their time and energy into uplifting them so they can see that their life in fact does have Value.

I want to be involved, but then my confidence pulls away from me like a wave going back out to sea and I think: "I can't do that. I'm not there yet as a leader. I can't fill a role if I'm not built up enough myself to fill it. I'll get lost. I won't know what to do. No kid will respect me as a leader or a guide. They are nice dreams and Visions I have of being a leader, but I'm nowhere near putting those dreams into action. I'm not there yet. I should re-do my speech for next week. After coming to this TM meeting to see Advanced Speakers I'm too cowardly still to give a speech next week on how much confidence I've gained. It isn't enough confidence to give a speech on. It's less than I thought it was."

I'm weird. I build myself up with hopes and aspirations but then when reality provides its space for me to bring them into reality... I back out. I wish I had my own space to start from scratch in and build something from the ground up. I'm always best at creating when no one is around expecting anything of me.

I'm weird. I have all the insights and values and concepts of affirming my self-worth, but in the land of Reality they slip through my hands like sand in an hour glass. The teen who wrote of all the things she did this week are things I could never have done. My judgment was far clearer than that. And yet she has more confidence to do the ill-advised and immoral than I do to achieve what I know is good and meaningful. I don't know which is worse. Perhaps that's why it is also a good line of thought to remember that No One is really fit to judge Anyone since we are all on different life paths. Don't worry where others are at or where they're going or how fast or slow they are traveling -focus on your own journey.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like you have a conviction to help teens. And that's wonderful.

    In order to help teens, however, you need to have a very firm and defined set of morals. Morals that can be looked at, referred to, stood by.

    For example, I personally see no difference between this girl sleeping with a guy in the park, and this girl sleeping with a girl.

    Are you going to help teens based on your opinion, or based on a clearly defined truth? I hope truth.

    12

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You need to have a very firm and defined set of morals. Morals that can be looked at, referred to, stood by."

    My beliefs and morals are concrete and can be explained and deffended. They're based in both
    Compassion and Doctrine.

    But what the heck are you talking about with "I personally see no difference between this girl sleeping with a guy in the park, and this girl sleeping with a girl."

    What? Are you telling me you think that it is of equal immorality for a girl to have sex with a guy in the park and a girl to have sex with another girl?"

    Wait I'm confused. Because technically if the boy in the park was a girl in the park it would still be wrong because it's a one night stand just an act of lust -a sin in other words. Doesn't matter strait or gay -the act is the issue.

    Or are you saying regardless of the terms, longevity, commitment, ages, and soul-matedness of a gay couple, they may as well be sleeping around with random strangers in the park because Being gay itself is just as immoral as Being a person who sleeps around with a lot of people?

    And I you are saying that, are you implying that I would not be fit to mentor teens because my beliefs are "flimsy" because I see nothing wrong with homosexulity?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember, I believe sin is sin. All sin, unchecked, is destructive. You put different degrees on sin---i dont. Im just against the rather hypocritical and shifting terms of what sexual sin is. What is right is right Jessica, and what God says is right.

    What is your list of sexual do's and donts, and is it your opinion or fact?

    Meanwhile, you're putting a looooooot of words in my mouth. Again. I will not defend what I have not said. ---12

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just think it's weird that you brought homosexuality up after we decided ot was a Voided issue sense I haven't read the Bible and can only give my spiritual and rational beliefs on the topic and you can only tell me that the Bible says it's wrong -which leaves us at Indecision and a lack of seeing eye to eye. I cannot beleve being Gay is immoral until I read the Bible or come to a rational line of reasoning that it is.

    Until then, you're telling me being gay is immoral based on something Ihaven't read and I'm just defending being gay because I believe it to be a non-moral issue based on my Spiritual and Rational senses.

    ReplyDelete