Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Divinci Code

Finally saw the movie last night. It was... interesting. It reminded me a lot of National Treasure, only the plot and ideas seemed more legit and concreted.

It was nice to follow along and know a lot about some of the symbols they were talking about -like when he was showing Tom Hanks the dead body with the pentagram on his chest and called him a Satanist, Tom Hanks and I were like -"NO, it's not a Satanic symbol. What a dunce..."

And then it made references to some religious stuff I had never heard of before, like the Rose line. And the Holy Grail -which I had only heard of from Indiana Jones. And I wondered if some of the places they visited and things they spoke about were actually real.
And now I feel like checking out The Last Supper by Divinci.




Three Enhanced versions of The Last Supper

I totally see the Chalice! And that person does look like a woman. Why did everyone back then have to have long hair? Way to make things difficult to distinguish ancient culture...

So the main debate in the movie was:

1. That certain scripts pertaining to Jesus were purposely left out of the Bible because they made Him seem more human -including possibly being married to Mary Magdalen.

2. Jesus may have had a child with Mary Magdalen and their lineage and bloodline may still be around today.

To the First point I say... Is that true? I know the Bible was compiled but if there are other written accounts that were left out then let's hear them. I want to know. Also I don't see why making Jesus seem more human would be a bad thing. He was human And divine. He was God in Flesh -Son of Man. I also don't see why it would be a bad thing for him to be married. It sounds kind of meant to be that Jesus -God's Son would have a human child of His own. But whatever, personally I don't care about Jesus' personal life. He gave enough to humanity and people for all time that no judgment can ever really be passed against Him. If He was single it is good, and if He was married it is still good.


Secondly -who cares if a descendant of Jesus is around today. It doesn't mean they'll know about their lineage or contribute anything close to humanity the way Jesus did. My mom said, "It is the blood of Jesus". As if that was relevant. So it's His blood... so what? And it's more like His genes than His blood. If you're telling me that a descendant of Christ from over 2000 years later is going to hold significant relevance to the lives of people today -wouldn't we have noticed it by now? Wouldn't we have picked up on the fact that someone is going around performing miracles and leading people to God? If Jesus were around today,  We would notice. Some people might not believe e is the Messiah -they could say His miracles were hoaxes. But then again, people also thought that of Him back then. We would still know about Him.

I thought the Chalice thing was interesting -the symbols for Male and Female that make up the pentagram. That was savvy. But why would DaVinci have some sort of secret knowledge of Jesus and His possible marriage and offspiring? DiVinci was a genius (I suspect a Gemini) but that doesn't mean he had deep, secret insights into the mystery that is Jesus anymore than we have about DiVinci himself. There's no way Leonardo would know about Jesus having a wife or a child, even if it were true.

1 comment:

  1. All I have to say about the DaVinci Code is that you find it in the fiction section of your favorite brick-and-mortal bookstore.

    12

    ReplyDelete