Saturday, November 19, 2011

Affirmation

Today a man named Greg Capp spoke at WFG. He is either a Gemini, an Aquarian, or a Pisces.

I say Gemini because he talked fast and he had extensive knowledge of historical facts -meaning he likes to read independently and he was Very energetic.

I say Aquarian because he is a great leader -Very confident, funny, inviting, talks about coming together and humanitarian works, talks about Faith, was very expressive.

I say Pisces because he had a lot of my Insights of Virtue spoken -though this could have just as well been because he was in his 60s and life had revealed these wisdoms to him because he was open to receiving them.

Either way, it was good for me to hear that I am ahead of the game spiritually, logically, and practically do to the blessings of wisdom bestowed upon my nature by God. I love being a Pisces. It's like knowing the end to every book very few people have finished.

Things this 60 year old millionaire said that make me proud to be a 23 year old Pisces who has fond this fount of wisdom -not just by experience- but by the fact that everything I needed to know was inside me the whole time. It just needed to be uncovered.

I also maintain that Everyone has this knowledge and wisdom within themselves and if they Reflect on their lives more often and the things they have experienced -however small -they will reach The Exact Same Conclusions.

*First thing this man talked about was what he called the "Pygmalion Principle". This principle states that if you see the strengths in people and pull it out in them they will be virtuous. If you see the weakness in people and hold those weaknesses against them , they will turn from you and fail to reach their virtues. Basically -people are as you see them to be.

I shared this principle yesterday with my friend at lunch. I was saying, "If you see people for their flaws and don't see them as their potential then they will be no good to you. You will write people off and then they won't be able to contribute any of their strengths to you. You Have to build people up and invest in them to see their strengths pull through". Alright I didn't say it that elequently, but that was my point. One I've actually posted in earlier blogs I might add.

*Affirmation 1

** The second thing this man said was "God leads people and I feel I was lead to this business at the right time so that God could do his work through me".

I love this. I call it being led by the Godiverse, but yah, same point and same feeling. He actually added something though that hadn't occurred to me that reaffirms my faith that I am in the right business. Nobody Wants to be a financial advisor. Nobody dreams one day of telling people how to run their finances. It is a service we do to help people. Nobody dreams of running a charity organization. They see no personal benefit or money in it for them. These are always side projects people image getting into After they are wealthy from their actual dream job. But people who do run charities know the value of the work that they put in the the people they help and That is why they do it. Same for financial advisers - only we do get paid.

**Affirmation 2

"I'm suppose to be here, but I don't know why."

He said he had lots of those moments in his life where he didn't know why he was being led to a certain place at a certain time until After when he looked back and saw where the experience had led him. Sort of ties in with Affirmation 2, but I felt like mentioning it anyway.

***"Every Adversity has a Benefit equal to or greater than that adversity if you look for it".

He asically went over the Roller Coaster theorem. I state that "When bad things happen, it's usually because something good of equal value is about to happen or has happened." I also call this
"the price that must be paid". What goes up must come down so it can go back up again. This is how Life stays in Balance.


***Affirmation 3

"Learning isn't Taught, it's Caught"

-I haven't said anything about this point before, but it was a great phrase and a good point and I wanted to add it here :)

****"I don't know how to separate myself from my faith so when I mention reading the Bible and how it has helped my life, it's not because I'm telling you you ave to read it. I'm just sharing my life experiences".

Somebody in the audience actually said, "Amen". Everybody thinks that if an individual speaks openly about their belief in God they are being "politically incorrect". But let's be honest -God exists. If you;re in denial about it, my condolences. It's a fact at this point. God exists. And Christianity is one religion that allows people o become connected to Him and the system He put in pace called the Universe which lifts people up to their Destiny and their Ultimate Goals.

I have struggles like this. "See Last Speech Given at Toast Masters". I try leaving out "spirituality" and things I find personally inspiring, widsomful, and uplifting that have anything to do with religion. But it's hard. I gave up last speech and threw it all out there. I talked about Buddhism. I talked about Christianity. I talked about the Zodiac Signs (God's Design for Human Nature). I'm just that kind of person. It's good to see someone else in the business industry who isn't afraid to say, "Yah I'm one of those people who talks about God and Christianity".

****Affirmation 4

***** "The 2 most important days in your life are the Day you were Born and the Day you find out Why."

3 Things you need to know: Who am I, What are my Strengths and Weaknesses, and What do I Seek?
Also covered these in my last TM speech. Finding out Why you were Born falls under the What do you Seek a.k.a. What is your Life Purpose category.

*****Affirmation 5

*******"I tell myself how to feel -I don't let my negative thoughts or feelings control me"

I think this guy was secretly at my last TM speech taking notes on what I was saying. I actually took it a step further though and gave a solution on how to do this practically by "Listening/Observing and Being Present". Go me.

******Affirmation 6

*******"God gave every man a strength as a gift. My strength is Understanding human nature and overcoming adversity"

I have to be honest, during his whole speech i was waiting to hear any of the recent wisdom I've achieved through my studies of the Zodiac signs. Ding! Here's one. Yes, every Sign/Personality/Person has a strength. The signs just help you identify what they are -like this man has. His strengths are similar to mine. I understand human nature, but I usually lack the confidence to use it as a strength.

******* Affirmation 7

******** "Lay your concerns on God, he has the strength to carry your burdens."

He talked about unloading your struggles upward instead of unloading them down on someone. I learned this concept from Usana -Only they said to unload your issues on your Leaders. This man says God is the only one strong enough to carry our burdens when we are too weak to. He actually made a joke about how when his daughter would go out to bars or get in arguments and not listen to him, he would look up at the sky and say, "She's Your daughter You know. I'm just the earthly foster parent looking out for her on Your behalf." He would put his stresses on God and say, "I don't know why You are putting me through this, but I'll let You worry about this issue tonight. I'm going to bed. I have faith You will take care of me through this one." It was awesome.

******** Affirmation 8

*********"Whatever you worry about, you bring about."

This one was taught by Usana and a guy who gave a speech at Toast Masters. It mostly came from the book The Secret. Our minds and spirits are connected to the Universe and if we put thoughts of doubt and negativity out there then negative things Will come back to us. You don't think you'll pass a test, you won't. You have to Know you will succeed and you will be taken care of. That's why it's called Faith.

*********Affirmation 9

********** "When I started out in the business I had so much crap piled of me -you know, doubts and fears and I didn't realize it until all of it was uncovered. There's something in side of you that has to overcome all the crap that's on top of it. You have to Let it Go."

This one counts as 2 Affirmations. Firstly the Uncovering of the Soul by releasing it from he Doubts and Fears and Negativity burying it -a point I've made before. Secondly "Letting Go". I don't need to say more about that one because I've covered it into oblivion at this point.

**********/* Affirmations 10 and 11

*.... "Surround yourself with people who are strong where you are weak"

Hello Zodiacs! This was eerily true. Heck it's the whole reason Alex and I have the patience to put up with issues that come up in our frienship. People Need to be around people who Need to be around people who can help turn their vices into virtues by rubbing their strengths off on the person who lacks them.

*.... Affirmation 12

Well I guess this proves it... I'm old. I'm soooo ancient! And people say reincarnation doesn't exist. How then do you get Old souls and Young souls? Because there are definitely some souls out there that are more immature and young than others...

Anyways, the final lesson I learned today is actually one I have been reflecting on for a while. Education.

It occurred to me that one of the main differences between Sign Personalities that are suppose to be the same is whether or not the have the Virtues of that Sign or the Vices. In fact, if someone is so far gone in their vices or entirely built up in their virtues -they seem to Transcend the Signs altogether and are unrecognizable to them. Snookie for instance. I have a theory that she's a Taurus but I honestly don't care enough to look it up. She is lost in Vice. She cannot be attributed to any values related to a sign because she has degraded her personality into something unrecognizable.

The other factor that determines differences in Sign Personalities is Culture and Influences. Basically the Nurture side of how they were raised.

That last one is generally understood by most people to be an important indicator of personality, but Education I've realized is something far more significant to understanding Sign Personalities than I thought.

From what I have seen, it is SAD to see what happens to Signs who do not get the amount of education required for them to reach the strengths of their sign. Today I saw a Scorpio -A sign prized for it's Mental Abilities and Strong Business Sense- on the verge of tears because she did not understand why certain actions were not appropriate in certain places. "It is not the right place  do something like that". Normally a Scorpio can be objective and reasonable above all else, but Scorpios are also Water signs and struggle more with emotions than other signs. The higher the education, the more likely the Scorpio will be to overcome emotions/ act rationally and objectively. And it's not this Scorpio's fault she was less educated, Welcome To America.

I would say some signs are less effected by their level of education. But some signs are Dependent upon their level of Education. It's the difference between a person leading a fulfilling life and a person struggling to understand why they even bother to exist. We should strive to guarantee people an education. If the government won't do it, the people who have knowledge should take it upon themselves to share it and teach it to others.

5 comments:

  1. I didn't get affirmation 11 or 10? They one where you concluded you were reincarnated? I think you may have forgotten to type it here.

    Regardless, I really wish I had gone to this speech and I'm definitely going to try to get people to go to one of them. Very impressive.


    12

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I didn't get affirmation 11 or 10? The one where you concluded you were reincarnated? I think you may have forgotten to type it here."

    He didn't say anything specifically about Reincarnation -or anything to do with it. I was saying that a 60+ year old man shard the Wisdom he had gained from his experiences and every Wisdom he shared was one I already knew -even though I haven't xperienced much and I'm only 23. I'm saying I have an inherent sense of Wisdom beyond my physical years. I'm an old soul. I've been around the block a time or two. I've been reincarnated more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're cute. Eventually we'll talk about the wisdom of calling oneself wise. =) But you remain adorable, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not completely wise -Everyine still has something to learn. If you don't your dead. But I do have foresights beyond my line of vision that are hard to come by without personal experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The same book of Proverbs that says being lazy is = to a destroyer, also says one should never call oneself wise. =)

    So, stop calling yourself wise.

    I will just call you wise instead.

    You are very wise because you are a very thoughtful person and you've added patience to it. You have a sense of "all things will work out" which is very, very hard to get.

    You are also wise because you have decided to believe in Divinity and not go the popular route of atheism or "believing in yourself".

    12

    ReplyDelete