Wednesday, November 16, 2011

1, 2, and Pending...

Themes I stole from a friend who happens to give speeches regularly.

1. Using the Penn State "scandal" and how it will effect the victims involved as an example, illustrate the theme of how we all have a tragedy in life, as Christ Himself was given, and we all must find a way to overcome that which weighs upon us.

2. Seeing the Good that comes from past Sins.

3. Pending...

To be honest I'm not feeling particularly motivated to write right now. I went to sleep at 12:30am-ish and woke up at 3am-ish. Got up at 5 to help Shanenanigans run his ToastMaster meeting. I was Sergeant at Arms and General Evaluator.

Then I had to program displays at my dad's work. Estoy cansada.

Then my friend Nancy -she's ether a Gemini or a Leo, although her behavior is also suggestive of a Taurus? -gave me some cool Egyptian stuff (her dad lived in Egypt. She gave me a chunk from the Sphinx pyramid... Score!)

Then I came home to find Lovely Bones on my door step. That movie is like a combination of Changeling with Angelina Jolie and Fluke. It's sad, moving, and frightening all in one. DANGZ.

I would like to thank the random bird who dropped it on my doorstep. Although he seems like more of a ram/cheetah than a bird...

Now I'm tired. My sister wants me to go to the grand-opening of Usana's business office. I was talking with Nancy about it earlier. She was in a juice box thing with a business structure similar to Usana's. She said it would be insane to go full-time into that kind of business in this economy. Yes the products are high-quality, but they are also higher priced. No one can afford to spend $1400 to get into the business as a recruit and no one can sell that much product that quickly in the business. It takes time to build up and is honestly better if you don't take it as seriously as a business and think of it more like a home-based business. Otherwise you are a full-time salesperson for nutritionals and No one will really take you seriously. 1. Nobody cares about their health unless they are unhealthy, which was probably caused by them not caring so why should they start now? 2. People will sense (especially with the phony lines they use) that you are trying to get them to buy something and they will react negatively out of instinct and resistance to that.

I stand by my friends in Usana -they're good people. I stand by the products -they're top notch and I will continue taking them myself. But I can't say I understand or believe that going full-time in Usana is a possibility. Even recruiting has become saturated at this point -the only real reason the top people in Usana are up there.

I was also talking with my sister Sarah earlier -blessings be upon her and my unborn niece Adalyn -about Emily.  We both agreed Emily has a tendency to repeat what she hears and sees with remarkable accuracy, but not much filtering. She is very book smart, but seems to have poor judgement when it comes to being skeptical and not believing everything. She would enjoy Scientology. She wouldn't enjoy the cultish-nature of their worshipping or whatever they do, but she would enjoy the learning and "upliftment" and she would try to bring others into it. Oh God. My sister is Tom Cruise. Oh God...

But she is Smart! She can raddle off facts about antelope and human development as a species like no other.

A sh*t the Usana building is all the way out in Fremont. It's located near a cemetery -clearly an omen. And they want me to dress up in business wear. And it looks like my face is in a coma because I'm so freakin tired. Urgghzzzz.

I'm at home, I'm sleepy, I'm tired, and there's an avocado not far from where I'm sitting... not looking good for Em's wishes for me to go.

I need advice from an unbias source on this one. Time to use a lifeline. I'm going to summon the audience?... no wait 50/50... no wait, Text a Friend. There we go.

Ah crap... friend not responding. I need more friends. Oh wait, Salvation!

Sometimes even the wise get indecisive over tough decision making.

I decided earlier I would miss a good movie tonight I had been wanting to see for a while if a friend had invited me to go to one. I would have bailed out on the good friend and the good movie -so it's not like I'm doing it solely to avoid driving and inconveniences -cause I'd miss something fun and convenient too.

Pending...

No comments:

Post a Comment