Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Roller Coasters...

Yesterday:

: )  I drove to my mom's house to see my sister Sarah and her husband Thomas who flew all the way from Arkansas. Sarah is having a baby shower this weekend, so I wanted to see her when she flew in yesterday (Monday). It was great joking around and having fun catching up with them. I haven't seen Sarah in a long time.

:(  My mom told me about her recent health problems. She had gone to the hospital. They said she had pollups or polyps? whatever they're called on her colon. She had gotten polyps removed from her thyroid gland and a hysterectomy because she had some on her uterus. All were benign. She didn't have medical insurance, so she got some with Keiser as soon as she found out. The doctor told her she needed a colonoscopy and probably some surgery to remove the polyps. So she went to the hospital where they assigned her a new doctor.

This doctor was an idiot. I don't know how some doctors don't get fired strait out -especially when their peers know of their level of incompetence. After a week of the doctor not scheduling a colonoscopy and just telling my mom to eat fruits and veggies -she "fired" him and got reassigned to a new doctor.

This doctor knew what she needed and scheduled her in. Then there were problems with the colonoscopy. Normally they knock you out with pain killers so you are completely unaware of what's going on. Unfortunately my mom has built up a high tolerance for those. I'm not going to glory or vilify my mom. My mom is an alcoholic and has been for many years. She has also abused pain medication -specifically vicodin. So after 3 shots of pain killer, my mom was still fully conscious. The doctors however proceeded to do the colonoscopy despite this. My mom felt everything. She was crying and screaming for them to stop but they wouldn't listen to her. 5 shots of pain killers still didn't do anything. When she was in recovery she was pissed off, in pain, and fully cognisant.

During this time (within the last month) my mom also had some major financial issues come up: her water bed broke (leaked really...), her well broke, my step-dad became unemployed, heir tractor needed to get fixed, and then there were new medical bills to be paid.

Then my sister Emily made things worse. Em's in Usana too and with most network marketing companies there are some initial incentives put out to encourage new associates to recruit more people in. Recruit 4 people in 2 months and make 100% of whatever they make for 6 months. I recruited myself into Usana and was placed under her. Emily tried diligently to get other friends in Usana, but they were kind of "losers" for lack of a better word. No work ethic-zombie drones. So then it was the last day and she needed 3 members or miss out on becoming a Platinum Pace-Setter. So she called up my mom and started begging her to help.

My mom agreed to buy $200 dollars worth of stuff. Once Em had her credit card info however she ended up charging about $600. I looked at the invoices an the products mom got. Mom was upset and frustrated. She had tried to call Em, but Em just rudely told her to calm down and don't worry -and then she never called mom back. It had been a week and mom didn't know what the stuff was or what had happened. Worse, some of the stuff was suppose to be for our grandmother but none of the stuff ordered actually was. My mom got PhytoEstrin, Chocolate NutriBars, and some Rev3 cans she wanted. The rest were 3 Nutrimeals (2 of which I bought from her to help out), 2 Peanut Bar boxes and 2 Oatmeal Bar boxes (I bought the peanuts), another set of Rev3 cans (I bought, Revergy!!!), three 28 Rev Surge Packs, 2 $30 Usana Folders, and 2 Toothpastes (One of which I told mom she should keep).

My sister says she will buy all of whatever mom doesn't want back. She just did it for the title and so she could be promoted -which she was. I'm making sure that Em and I have a little discussion tomorrow about her attitude and disrespect towards mom and the fact that she Will buy back everything mom does not want. I can't believe my sister did that. Mom had no idea.

: ) This guy I've been hanging out with for a month was texting me last night. We've been pretty close friends and it was kind of heading to the dating department, but wasn't really official. Then last night he pretty much said that he liked me. But I was at my mom's house 2 hours away!!! Dangz it. So now I kind of have a boyfriend. Yup. :)

:( My dad text me yesterday "Where are you?" He sounded angry, so I was like, "I'm at mom's visiting with Sarah, why?" Then he said, "Oh never mind. Have fun." But I was confused what he had wanted so urgently so I asked, "Why what's up?" So he tells me our dog Sky is in bad shape. He said her tongue was gray and he didn't think she would make it. I asked if he was taking her to the vet. He said only if Sky starts to feel pain. At 9pm dad text me "Sky is in a better place now."

It was a lot to take in for one day. I felt very overwhelmed and mixed with too many feelings. I didn't know whether to be happy or sad and being both was hard as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment