Monday, August 8, 2011

Morning Thoughts

First thought: I put wayyyy too many pics in that last post. Whoops.

Second thought: Whoever invented time sucks. Why was this concept invented? And why did people capitalize on it with the notion that 8am was a god time to start work which means you have to get up around 5:30am to start your day to start work. You have to get up early to start work early. It's bull. I want to sue.

Third thought: It was great eating out with my 2 aunts last night, but it was sort of ruined by the presence of another family member who we will call "K".

K and I have never really gotten along. There was a brief period of time when K was nice, and then brief ended and turned into rarely. It should also be noted my sister Emily doesn't like K either. Emily is bolder than I am though. She will talk to people she's st met about how much it sucks knowing K and all the issues she's had with K over the years. I find this embarrassing. Emily also used to rant about K on Facebook, even though K was a "friend" with her on that site. Then Em got in trouble for saying somethings. K is built on appearances -she wants to make it look like she's getting along with everyone in the family, even though she's being a b*tch behind the scenes. So Em ex-friended her on Facebook. I wish I could do the same, but I don't believe in burning bridges -especially with relatives yo know you'll have to come across again. I just smile and pretend there's no issues between K and I when we have to be around each other, even though internally I dread her.

I'm a Pisces. I'm a "come-as-you-are-and-I'll-let-you-be-you-and-take-you-in-without-question"  kind of  person. I don't have prerequisites for the people who come into my life wanting to share their lives with me. But K still manages to fall below this lack of standard. She's a Sagittarius. But mostly she's a b*tch.

So last night, she was telling me to tell my aunts about my business- Usana. K and my dad actually want to start taking this thing we sell called the "Reset Kit". It's a waste-loss program that cleans out the gunk your kidneys and colon and cells carry around that isn't usually flushed out on its own. K kept saying how great a quality our products were. Then she commented on how nice my hair was- she asked me what shampoo I was using and I said Usana shampoo. Since K is so appearance oriented, I could tell she was intrigued by this.  

Then she said, "Yah their products are great, but it is a pyramid".

And I was like, "What?"
And she just looked at me strait in the face with her factual tone and said, "Oh no, It's a pyramid".
Then she looked away and kept talking to shut out any response I could possibly give to that. B*tch.

After all this time she still is too stupid to acknolwedge that it isn't a pyramid. There's a difference between pyramid structure and pyramid sheme. Cisco and HP -companies K has worked for- both have pyramid structuring:

CEO
President
-----VP-----
----Managers----
-------Employees--------


More on the bottom. Less on the top. No easy scaling to get closer to the top. An employee will Never be the CEO. And most have to struggle just to work there way up to Managerial positions.

Usana isn't pyramid structured, though it is a scalene triangle. The people you bring in under you can always work to make more than you. I can become more successful with a higher rank and income than the gold directors that are training us now. I just have to work for it. It isn't easy- But It Is Possible. They set the system up to prevent pyramiding. You are capped at a certain point so you are not just mooching off of the people you bring in. You can only get so much income from their efforts. And they keep the money they make- you just get their points that go toward your next paycheck. It' a fairer system -The Person Who Puts in the Most Effort Gets the Most Pay.

So I don't know why K is still being an ignoramus, other than she's so use to it it's become second-nature to her, but you can't tell someone, "Yah the company has great products, but it's a pyramid". Pyramid schemes 1. Don't have a Product. 2. Don't have a Service -Usana offers training to it's associates. 3. Only has people at the top making money- The reason people at the top are making money is because they were given the same chance as anyone in the company to profit if they worked for it, and they did. The same invitation is open to anyone. Those people were only placed at the top because associates put them up there out of the respect they have for their success and the way they still encourage those below them to step up the later. These leaders hold no sway over anyone. We are not their employees. They cannot fire us or tell us what to do -they only opt to aid us in becoming successful.

It just frustrates me that someone like K can go around telling people how supportive she is of me, and then turn around and push me over right in front of everyone with no remorse or regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment