Thursday, August 4, 2011

Last Wednesday Night

We had training last night. It always sucks in the beginning/end when you have to mingle. It just feels more forced than it should. But the meeing itself was awesome! Hilarity!

But there were also some serious parts hat pushed us to open up. "You have to let go so that you can take in".

We made a list of all our Bad Habits that hold us back from attaining our goals and sort of hold us back as people.

My Bad Habits:

Procrastination
Doubt
Hesitation
Not acting on plans
Shy
Not self-motivated
Fear that others will doubt me/ not support me
Not ask for Advice/Help/Support from others
I don't stand up for myself
I think too much
Spend too much time wasting time on the computer

They said that a Bad Habit is like a nail that's been driven into a wooden board. The end of the nail is coming through the other side of the board, and you can't get it out with the back of a hammer. The only way to get the nail out is to take a Good Habit and nail it in on top of the bad. The new nail will slowly push the nail underneah out through the board and the Good Habit will replace the Bad and drive it out. You just need to commit to these Good Habits

Good Habits to Overcome Bad:

I will not put things off..
I will not hesitate (to act on plans).
I will not fear implementing my plans.
I will not fear the doubt others may have in me.
I will not doubt myself.
I will ask for Help/Advice/Support.
I will spend less time being distracted by the computer.
I will be self-motivated.
I will succeed at whatever goal I set for myself.
I will repeat this list daily to remind myself of the things I will do to overcome the things that are holding me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment