Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Godiverse

This concept first originated from my friend Katie. Katie is one year younger than me and was one of the first –if not the first- people I saw who had “the white light”. You can’t see it when you look at people face to face, but when you remember them it’s there. Martin Luther King Jr. and Abe Lincoln had the light. I imagine Jesus to have been a lighthouse in and of himself. Gandhi on the other hand had “the golden light” –most Buddhists do, tough it has nothing to do with religious affiliation and more to do with where their spiritual orientations lye. By the same token there are also those who carry shadows around –especially criminals. You can call it an aura if it makes more sense, but the point is my friend Katie had this. Katie was a Christian and actually took me to Youth Group on Sundays.
A couple years ago I met up with Katie at a place called Pizza Plus to visit and catch up. I was about 20 or 21 years old at the time and we were both in college. Katie was attending a university up in Washington and she was down in California visiting with relatives and trying to make some money. She said she needed $6000 to pay from rent before she went back to Washington in the fall or else she wouldn’t be able to afford to continue sustaining herself for school. I was like, “Oh crap. What are you going to do?” Katie said, “Well I go back in 2 weeks and I was trying to do all the work I could down at my dad’s nursery to make money taking care of plants, but that wasn’t going to get me enough. But then this family friend I hadn’t talked to in a while randomly offered e this job and it pays exactly what I needed to reach the $6,000.” Katie then said that she knew she shouldn’t have been worried about the money in the first place because things like that always seem to work themselves out. She said God is always taken care of those who are connected to him. He looks after them and makes sure they get what they need. Not in overabundance (God’s not going to fork out a limo and a mansion) but with the things that are genuinely needed.
After I joined Usana one of the main non-Usana related pieces of literature everybody seemed to emphasize in the company was The Secret. Because I’m lazy so I just had someone there explain it to me. The “secret” is the concept that when you think about things you are sending out spiritual messages to the universe. If you genuinely believe you are going to fail at something –you will. This is because you are sending out assured negative thoughts into the universe that will then come true. Likewise, if you genuinely believe whole-heartedly that something positive will occur and have no doubts about it –then it will. Unfortunately negative thoughts carry more weight with them than positive thoughts, so if you really want something positive to happen there can be no negative, doubtful thoughts present. It has to be like a fact –This Will Happen or This Won’t Happen. Then your belief will come true.
So what makes things happen when you genuinely need them to and then they do? Is it God, The Universe, or You? Firstly I believe when people say “the universe” they’re talking about God. Most people these days are hesitant about saying “God” because his name is kind of surrounded by controversy. “God” is now associated with bigots and political extremists and ignorant view points and controversial religious and social topics… People are a little hesitant to mention his name because 1. They want to be seen as credible which is hard to do when idiots like glen Beck state stupid things he justifies by basically saying “And God Agrees with Me”, and 2. They don’t want to offend any atheists or come off being associated with a particular branch of Christian religion/ line of thought. So people just go with Universe. Might as well call it the Godiverse.
Maybe it’s just me being a Pisces, but I have always had a faith that things will work themselves out. I genuinely believe God/ Universe will take care of you if you open yourself up to it and let it. I feel more compelled to say Universe because when I imagine how things go down it’s more with a mental image of a vast spiritual plane that kind of reminds me of the stars and how vast and open the sky is. We are surrounded by a spiritual realm we can only tap into and not fully be a part of until we die.
My theory is –and this sort of speaks to the concept of “the secret” – that genuinely believing without a doubt that things will work themselves out leads to things working themselves out. You will get to where you need to go if you are open and flexible. I decided a long time ago God’s plan for me is probably better than any plan I could possibly come up with for myself. I don’t know what the hell I’m doing. I know what my highest values are: Truth and Compassion, and I know that with these two things I can help end as much a suffering as I can. But I don’t know how I’m going to achieve those things specifically. But apparently God does.
Facts:
I was born a Pisces –way to go mom.
I was raised by someone who was an alcoholic –there goes any and all desire to drink. I don’t hate my life or blame God or my mother for this –I am grateful.
I have Social Anxiety Disorder. The worst thing that can happen to a kid with this disorder is being raised by an over-bearing parent. Again, thanks mom for being overprotective and controlling. She was doing what she thought was right.
Because of my disorder I had struggles reaching out and communicating with other people –which translated into me spending a lot of time by myself reflecting on things I wouldn’t otherwise have done if I had been interested in hanging out with friends and actually having a life instead of reflecting on life itself.
Because I focused my teenage years on reading, watching TV, and listening to music –I was exposed to a wide range of beliefs and thoughts and was able to come up with my own views without having others implement and suggest their own views onto me. Pisces are gullible and will often go along with what others say. This was a blessing in disguise. To cocoon myself up so that I could have the best chance at emerging as my own self with my own beliefs –and I didn’t even know it was happening. Thanks God.
When I came time for college I wanted to go to Santa Clara University more than any other. I wanted to learn about other religions –since I had purposely blinded myself to hem as best I could until I felt I was mature enough to handle learning The Truth from various religions without bias opinion and from an educated source.
No one really thought I would get in to SCU. It’s kind of like Stanford Part 2. My guidance counselor said, Yah let’s just see if there are any other colleges you might like just in case you don’t get in –he never thought I would. My Plan B was to go to a junior college for 2 years. Then transfer to SCU. I wanted in. I didn’t realize how prestigious the school was at the time and I just knew that I would get in. I had faith and I honestly didn’t doubt it.
Then I got in. Thanks God.
I learned about many things including Christianity and its history, Judaism, Islam, Jainism, Hinduism, Buddhism, some Native American beliefs, and many other things.
When I had to get an apartment I found one within a week and it was in a safe neighborhood that’s sort of got a mini-park thing going on. J
My original plan after I graduated was to be a graphic designer –even though I had sort of fallen out of love with that line of career after I realized the business portion of that job tends to overshadow the art part. Graphic design helped me, but not in finding a career. It made me an asset to people who did have work and needed me to help them on various projects involving photo manipulation, brochure design, and other things. It let me use art to help people.
Then it was time for me to overcome my social disorder and emerge. Thank you Zoloft, ToastMasters, and Usana.
The Truth keeps finding me now. Through things like Usana, my eyes were open to my health which I didn’t really give a damn about before. Through things like Zeitgeist I found out that the Utopian vision I had had a long time ago was not mine alone and Love and Acceptance are in fact things we need in this life.
I now know where things are headed and I’ve felt this for a while but now it’s sort of been confirmed. I don’t need to worry so much about life –it will take care of itself because God and The Universe are connected. Life will end up where it needs to go.
I know without a doubt and with faith that I will end up where I need to go and I will become who I need to be. All I have to do is remember to remain open. Don’t attach yourself to who you are –always be open to change and improvement. Don’t get left behind in the dust while the rest f the world goes on without you –be a part of it. I know I am being guided and have always been by greater forces than I can comprehend.  I am the culmination of everything God has wanted me to know and experience up into this point in my life. I know greater lessons will come to me when I am ready to receive them.

2 comments:

  1. These new realizations/habits/spiritual levels of yours are having an obvious affect on your appearance. You positively glow now, and in my opinion you now look better than I've ever seen you in life or in pic. Keep it up --- there is a metaphysical, truth-seeking path for you to follow. I like observing your walk.


    12

    ReplyDelete