Saturday, August 6, 2011

Don't Explain

Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway.  ~Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

I've been learning a lot about this lately. After I joined Usana, my sister said, "Good. Now you can help me out. I'm having trouble with dad." And I said, "What do you mean?" And she said, "He says the products are good but he thinks the business is a scam. He doesn't want me in it."

Having spent a week researching the company, the only advice I could give to my sister was this: "Well then screw him. The company isn't a scam and if he thinks it is: 1. He's being ignorant. He hasn't done the research and might as well be saying Rainbows exist because magical leprechauns put them in the sky from time to time, and 2. He's calling you incompetent. He's saying you're too stupid to tell when you're being taken advantage of by a company and will easily fall for anything. He's calling you an idiot while being an idiot himself. I love my dad, but he is insulting us and the company we now work for."

In this company a lot of what you have to do is try to convince people the products are good. I don't like doing that. I know the products are good, I'd rather just offer the products to people than try to sell them to people. It's like holding a 5-star meal in your hands. You would offer it to a friend, but you wouldn't go out of your way to explain why they should be taking the meal and you also wouldn't try to force it on them. If they feel like missing out on something you know is good, let them. If they want to do research for themselves and find out all the facts that confirm what you now know, let them. A lot of people in Usana lack patience. They really push people to take the products and join the company. I'm not a pusher. I'm a giver. I'd rather give a chance than force a command.


Here's a random thought: How alien would our planet seem to an extraterrestrial?






























I think Aliens would be jealous of our planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment