Sunday, August 28, 2011

Archiveological Dig 2

The saddest part of looking at my old posts before the year 2009 is the fact that they're all pretty much the same. It's literally me just talking about what happened at school that day -if anything, how bored I am, my review of the last movie I saw, and occasionally my cat. That's it. I wasn't sharing myself at all really. I was just writing empty words. Now I don't even bother reading those posts because there's nothing to read. I just skim over them and sift to find the good stuff.

Why Not 25 Random Things

by Jessica Power on Monday, February 9, 2009 at 10:32am
 
Boredom causes: Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

1. I've just started this list and I'm already tired.

2. It takes me a while to think up random things about me. aybe because it's morning.

3. I don't drink caffeine.

4. When I do occasionally drink coffee I feel like I'm on cocaine. Shnot good . . .

5. I want a Moksha Frappuccino. (It takes my soul to an elevated state of being)

6. I have randomly rambling rants running in my head at a constant speed of 82 mph.

7. I was not obsessed with Nsync when I was younger. I was overly enthused . . .

8. I'd rather have a few close friends than a lot of "friends" who I don't even know.

9. I like taking glory shots of the sky. You go sun! Clouds are fierce.

10. I one day plan on going to all the pilgrimage sites over various religions, just to be on the safe side.

11. I realized that the reson adults don't eat kids' food isn't for the sake of embarassment, but it's because kids' food is just that unhealthy. Dang it. It makes me sad because I really did like Spaghetti O's and dino chicken nuggets. Tragedy.

12. I'm pretty sure California is the best state on the planet. Pretty sure . . .

13. I think the most deadly, widespread, contagious disease in this country is ignorance.

14. I hate when I talk about something important that I care about and the person I'm talking to starts to look around like they're waiting for someone else to come save them. It's worse when only moments earlier that person was discussing the weather and idle gossip.

15. I hate people who hate people. (Which I think means I hate myself. And most days I hate myself for hating myself. Curses . . .)

16. I think the hardest critic you will ever meet is yourself.

17. I think over time I've become more dispassionate about the world and more passionate about saving it. (Yah it makes sense)

18. I think man has overstepped his bounds and it's time he started giving back to nature what he took from it.

19. I think the world may end in 2012. That being said, I have recently aquired a new fear of solar flares.

20. I wish House was my doctor. Or Wilson. Not Foreman or 13. Maybe Cuddy.

21. I'm turning 21, but it doesn't mean much because I don't want to drink or gamble. I already considered myself to be a young adult, it's just that now most other people will as well if only because of my age.

22. I think experience ages you, not time.

23. I want to find Narnia. I randomly open closets to see if it's in there. (I also check for Harry Potter). Then I realized that Narnia was found in a Wardrobe and most American homes don't have those. Then I was on a quest to go to Europe and find the magical wardrobe to Narnia. But then I saw Narnia 2 and noticed that they found Narnia at a train station. And although Tumnus wasn't in Narnia 2 (*Tear*) Prince Caspian was and he's special. He has nice hair. Anyways, so now I'm on an epic journey to find the train station that will take me to Narnia. (Or Platform 9 3/4)

24. I use to like art a lot. I drew things all the time in elementary school and it was one of the things most of the kids in the class recognized me for. Then I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, I said an artist. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Unfortunately afterwords people, mostly in my family, started pushing me towards a career in art. My mom especially seemed to make me focus my goals and attentions towards it. Then I became dispassionate about my art because it seemed like something I was being forced into for a career instead of something I liked to do for myself. Then I went to college and for the first couple years drew very little. I took some art classes but was disinterested in them because they seemed like an obligation I had to fill. Then this year I realized that my art can still have meaning for me. I feel a renewed interest in what I can create and put out into the world. Career and making money should not be the ultimate goal, it should be making something that matters to me. If it then effects somebody else and they want to buy it, then I can feel happy in sharing my work with the others. Wow that was long.

25. I wish people would stop fighting over their differences and learn to celebrate the variances in others and how they come together to make the world a richer, more beautiful place.

2 comments:

  1. Look at a flower. It begins as a seed. Then grows underground. Then it becomes a shoot.

    All of these times are beautiful in their own way...cute...

    Underdeveloped, not quite there yet, but cute.

    But then the flower blossoms, matures...

    I honestly feel as if I'm lucky enough to see you beginning to blossom in your thoughts. It's fascinating to watch, because I believe what you say that even 2 years ago, you didn't have much to say.

    I was the same way for a long time...when so many of my peers were so dynamic in so many ways, I look back and seem so one-dimensional. I look at some kids these days compared to how I was then...and I say "Wow, I was lame".

    But in the boring time, that kernel, seed, immature time...there were things growing in us that would come out stronger than if we had let them out earlier.

    I see that in you. This is a fun time.

    12

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tru Dat

    When i was a kid I was artistic, reflective, weird, and shy

    When I was a teen I was artistic, reflective, depressed, and shy

    As a young adult I am artistic, reflective, patient, understanding, and shy

    ReplyDelete