Thursday, June 30, 2011

Epiphany

I had an epiphany today! It was something deep and profound that I immediately felt like sharing with the world. I made a mental note not to forget it and everything. Now I can’t remember it.
I remember another thought that occurred to me today was about the number system. I saw the number 8 and I thought about how it looked like the infinity sign turned on edge. Then I wondered if the people who chose the symbols for numbers did that on purpose. Then I wondered who came up with numbers. They must have been invented thousands of years ago. 1234567890. We use them every day. They are the same throughout the world –at least that’s what Lindsay Lohan’s character said in Mean Girls when she was explaining why math was her favorite subject in school.  
Then I remembered my epiphany (the fact that I had one anyway, not the actual epiphany itself). It was so uplifting that I could still feel my soul’s heightened elevation since the epiphany occurred to me, but I still couldn’t recall what it was.
Then I went to lunch at Chipotle. I was sitting there drinking a Minute Maid Lemonade-Mr.Pibb hybrid soda I had concocted, when I noticed the text on the side of the Chipotle cup. Apparently there’s a place online where you can tell a story and if the company likes it they will put it on the side of one of their cups. I was immediately inspired. I’m sure there’s going to be a text limit (I’m going to guess a paragraph), so I’m going to try it out here:
-Imagine this on the side of a Chipotle cup you are about to fill with soda-
“Well hello there. Either you’re avoiding eye contact with the person in front of you or you were momentarily distracted by this text. I just wanted to say that as a vegetarian I love this place. (Mostly because of their burritos –I like mine with black beans, freshly grated cheese, and rice. Don’t mess with the classics). I also like it because they are an environmentally friendly establishment. Some people don’t really want to change their life style and become a Hippie, so it’s nice that people can do little things like support Chipotle which goes out of its way to make sure the world is kept the heaven on earth it is meant to be.”
I figure sucking up to the restaurant is a good way to get on their cups. Plus it’s pretty true.

No comments:

Post a Comment